Medicare Information

Medicare Cards expire every seven years or when your details change, that means if you have changed address you need to change your details with Medicare. This can be done at your AMS.

If you have lost your Medicare Card you can also request a new card through the AMS. No ID, no worries – you can request a new card without showing any ID. Someone at the AMS can sign as a referee for you and you will receive a new card sent to your address.

In special circumstances we can arrange for a child that you are caring for to be put on your Medicare card. This can be done by completing an enrolment form. Your child's Medicare enrolment sets up their immunisation record. Having no immunisation record may affect your Centrelink payments.

When travelling you will need a Medicare Card in case you need to see a doctor, go to the hospital or buy medicine.

Our enrolment forms can be used to:

  • change your name
  • order another copy of your card
  • order a replacement card (if stolen, lost, damaged or expired
  • enrol with Medicare
  • change your address
  • add a newborn baby to an existing Medicare card.


33 Wee Waa St


37 Pitt St


Dundas St


Lot 1 Dundas St


37 – 47 Wee Waa St


Dundas Street

Chronic Disease

29 Wee Waa St

Community Garden

Corner of Arthur and Duff Streets