- Establish links with Aboriginal individuals within Walgett and surrounding communities to encourage and support their increased use of health services
- Assist WAMS to identify barriers that may impact on access to health services and to identify individuals in the community who have not had a recent
health check, or who may need access to other health or related services
- Provide practical assistance to identified Aboriginal individuals to undertake the recommended health checks and to access other health services as
required, including follow-up care, specialist services and pharmacies
- Provide feedback to WAMS regarding problems encountered that may be restricting Aboriginal people who live in Walgett and surrounding communities access
to health services, and in conjunction with WAMS to work to implement solutions.
What do you like about working in your job at WAMS
- Certificate III Primary Health Care
- Certificate III Computer and Business
- Certificate I First Aide
Working at Walgett Aboriginal Medical Service has been a positive experience for me giving me the greatest opportunity to upgrade my skills. Starting as
a Dental Assistant gave me the confidence to apply for the Aboriginal Outreach Worker position as well as going to the Aboriginal Health College to
complete my Certificate III in Primary Health Care.