Statement regarding enhancement of Walgett’s water infrastructure
At a Walgett community meeting hosted 22 May 2019 by Dharriwaa Elders Group (“DEG”) and its University of NSW Yuwaya Ngarra-li partners with Walgett Aboriginal Medical Service (“WAMS”), the following statement was unanimously resolved:
That we support Walgett Shire Council by offering prototype and expert advice including project documentation, approvals and lobbying for funding, to install and maintain:
- a desalination system for Walgett.
- 11 x high quality low sodium chilled drinking water kiosks to be
- Apex Park
- Gray Park
- Alex Trevallion Park
- Walgett Court House
- a high public use area near IGA supermarket on Fox St
- Walgett Cemetery
- WAMS Community Garden
- WAMS Health Centre Wee Waa St
- a public, accessible at all times location near Skate Park No 1 oval
- a public, accessible at all times location at No 2 oval.
- Walgett Hospital
- located at:
For further information please contact Wendy Spencer (DEG) ph: 0427 260044 or Christine Corby OAM (WAMS) ph: 0418212230.