WAMS is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (ACCHO), able to issue Certificates of Aboriginality. To be able to establish your Aboriginality you must:
1. Be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent;
2. Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander;
3. Be accepted by the community in which you live.
The WAMS Board of Directors can approve Certificates of Aboriginality but you must meet certain criteria:
1. You were born in or lived in Walgett;
2. You have a strong family connection to Walgett;
3. The current Board of Directors are familiar with your families' background/connection to Walgett.
For further information please download a copy of the Confirmation of Aboriginality and Information Sheet HERE before you apply.